All boats purchased from YACHTS.CO have different warranties depending on how they were bought, whether New, Brokerage or From Stock please read the below guide to check information regarding warranties and warranty procedures. If, having read through this and the below guide, you are unsure whether something is covered by warranty then please contact us BEFORE having any work carried out to the boat
Firstly, please note:
- The majority of boats we sell are brokerage, if your boat was bought from us on brokerage, then you have no warranty unless remaining manufacturers warranties apply which can be invoked directly with the manufacturer.
- If your boat is new then it is covered by manufacturers warranties for at least 12 months against all manufacturing defects.
- If your boat is used and bought from YACHTS.CO owned stock (as opposed to brokerage), it may still be covered by manufacturer’s warranty. If not, then YACHTS.CO covers the engine and drive against major mechanical failure in the first 3 months. Please check with us at the time of purchase whether manufacturers or YACHTS.CO warranty applies. The warranty on a used vessel does not cover any electrical or navigation items including batteries. The cover starts from the date on your invoice, unless otherwise agreed at time of purchase.
- Warranty does not cover serviceable items or wearing parts, i.e. filters, belts, impellers, props, starter motors, batteries etc. No warranties, whether manufacturers or YACHTS.CO, cover any lifting or travelling costs. All warranties are given on a “return to dealer / manufacturer” basis.
- If the defect is found to be due to operator fault, wear and tear, or is a serviceable part then you will be subject to parts and labour charge.
- All warranty work must be instructed by YACHTS.CO. We will not pay any unauthorised charges so please do not instruct any work to be carried out on the boat or engine without our consent.
- Any faults noted to the buyer as apparent on Sea-Trial or Survey by either YACHTS.CO or the buyers Surveyor before acceptance of the vessel are excluded from the warranty these being accepted faults unless it otherwise agreed in writing that the Vendor or YACHTS.CO will fix the specific issues.
- All engine manufacturers warranties on engines in excess of twelve months old are dependent on correct and timely servicing being carried out by official outlets, so please make sure that you only use approved dealers and have your book stamped each time or claims will be rejected by the manufacturer. In this case then there is no recourse to YACHTS.CO for any work required which would otherwise have been covered.
What you need to do next.
Contact us either by Email or Phone where we will need full details of the date of purchase, the nature of the problem and the location of the boat. On receipt of this information we will assess whether your boat is covered. We may call you to discuss the claim with any questions we/you may have.
We will confirm what is and is not covered and we will then normally either:
- Send a technician to the vessel and correct the fault in a timely manner (normally within 21 days)
- Ask you to get two quotes from local firms to rectify the faults
- Ask you to return the boat to our address where we will carry out the repairs
PLEASE NOTE: IT IS THE CUSTOMER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO PAY FOR ANY TOWS, LIFTING, STORAGE, MOORINGS AND TRANSPORT TO AND FROM AN AUTHORISED REPAIR CENTRE.
We will carry out the work or arrange for it to be carried out on our behalf.
Please do not forget to attach a copy of your original invoice and all service history when posting your claim and remember please do not authorise any works without our permission first otherwise we will not be able to settle the invoice.
If you bought the boat on brokerage then, subject to it having been well maintained and recently serviced you’ll be able to purchase a third party warranty should you want to.
Hopefully you shouldn’t need a warranty policy but its good to know that you’re covered! YACHTS.CO are working with Boats & Yachts Warranty, the marine industries leading extended warranty provider.
Make Sure you’re Protected
Although boating is fun for you and your family, it takes place in an environment that is hard on your craft. A salty atmosphere, rough seas, heavy engine loads and pressures etc. can all take their toll on your vessel, the engines, and its components. For this reason the Boats & Yachts Warranty extended Warranty Plans an essential investment and YACHTS.co is pleased to be able to offer it to the market to support any boat you purchase with us as an optional extra.
Why do I need a Boats & Yachts Warranty?
Your craft is likely to be one of the largest investments you’ll make in your life, so why leave it without mechanical breakdown protection?
Every year 1,000’s of owners are left unprotected when their craft manufacturer’s warranty expires leaving them vulnerable to unexpected repair bills.
Most new boats and yachts come with a hull and engine warranty for 1 or 2 years; our extended Warranty Plans will prolong the coverage of your engine and systems for up to 20 years. Pre-owned crafts, on the other hand, are generally sold “as is”. Boats & Yachts Warranty extended Warranty Plans add a layer of protection to your purchase and give you that added peace of mind when buying a pre-owned craft.
Modern vessels are complex and expensive to fix if anything goes wrong, the high labour charges alone can be crippling.
Protection throughout Europe
Boats & Yachts Warranty give you complete protection if your craft breaks down anywhere throughout Europe.
No other warranty company covers more of your vessel, plus, their Warranty Plans includes up to of £750 for the actual cost of Hoist/Haul-Out and storage, to facilitate diagnosis or repairs as standard.
Don’t let a costly repair ruin your boating; make sure you’re covered today.
If you’d like to find out more about the new boat warranty and commissioning process then click here!